I couldn't let Steve stand in that line up with Rowan in the back pack for Avery. He did for about ten minutes, while she ran everywhere away from me yelling, "I'm wunning awound!" Her froggy harness backfired, it's not the same as having a dog on a choke chain, it's a flimsy string that's true purpose is to knock them over if they were running out in front of a car. I mean really. Luckily, the place wasn't outrageously busy, and she wasn't so crowded that she was lost or kidnapped. Maybe that is why she decided that she didn't need to be near us?
We did have success with the event when we first got there. Right by the entrance, there's a little petting farm set up, so Avery got to brush a goat, pet some bunnies and a donkey, attempt to feed the lambs pine cones, and miss a kick from a baby calf. Rowan was delighted in the back pack, and Steve bent down so she could see and touch the friendlier animals, too. He's so sweet and considerate with them that some times I have little appreciative moments he doesn't know about, but I am very aware of his cuteness. He was wearing Rowan on his back, and holding Avery's hand most of the time, and I felt weird only carrying the overly stuffed baby bag.
At 12:30, Bobs and Lolo played a show. Avery does not know who they are. I save t.v. time for things like cooking dinner, to keep them out of the kitchen, and then I put on a disney dvd. Avery and Rowan love Winnie the Pooh, of course, but have gotten pretty addicted to Fox and the Hound, Jungle Book (I love the songs on that one), and Nemo aka fishy movie. So, Bobs and Lolo, Avery bought her own bag of popcorn, I was so happy to see the vendors using corn oil on it instead of butter, so my little celiac child was actually able to eat a hot treat while we were out. Rowan had had enough by this point, and was totally freaking out, like blood wrenching screaming. I had meant to pack my beco carrier, so she could cuddle on my chest, or at least my ring sling, to nurse and cuddle, but I was rushing to get everyone eaten, dressed, and out the door, that I totally forgot either one. Avery was having a blast listening to the music, and she was making her way closer to the front, to dance with the other kids, and I know she was very sad to leave two songs into their performance. Weighing out the options though, I don't think the other parents enjoyed Rowan's non stop screaming cries through those two songs, and it was time to get her in the car stat.
Steve and I hit the McD drive thru on our way home, and about 20 minutes after eating that crap, we both felt so sick, and I still have the head ache from this afternoon. When we did get home, 25 minutes later, I put both girls into their room, and read my book for about 2 hours, after taking a Tylenol. Now to those who know me, I never take take Tylenol or ibuprofen unless it is necessary, not that I care what other people do, but this is a true McD headache, and maybe McD should be saved for hang over breakfast after barn dances, or never consumed again.
On a positive note, I am at the climax in my book, I'm currently reading "Drums of Autumn" by Diana Gabaldon, it is the fourth book in the Outlander series. These books have been an incredible series so far, and the characters so real to me. I definitely recommend them to any friends looking for something new to start. I have been taking longer to get through them than I would have in the past, as each book averages 800- 1000 pages, but I only have short time in the evenings to read any more. I'm just happy to be a reader, and that my daughter is happiest surrounded in a pile of books. I hope Rowan gets the reading bug too, but I will admit it's tricky to read anything to her when Avery won't let her touch her books or ponies at all. The books are Avery's crack, so to say.
Enjoy the sunshine, everyone, it looks as though summer is here to stay. I'm happy to report that the pc has been fixed, as you can see by my better upkeep of the blog lately. It feels good to get more posts in because I really love updating my loved ones this way, and sharing our new memories for my girls.

2 comments:
Hey! I saw you there and went to say hi but you were going in the opposite direction and Paige couldn't keep up!! Too bad :(
Your kids are too cute!!!
Love the pictures!
Post a Comment