
Today is day 5 where both girls slept the same night and nap schedule. That is right, both girls down from 12:30- 2:30/3:00 ish. At first I didn't want to jinx anything by saying it aloud, but I think it's safe to say that I now have nap time to myself again. I have been doing my regular chores in that time, like prepping dinner or other tasks, but I also have been really committing to a wii fit workout. That half hour actually kicks my butt, in a good way. It feels really good to be more of my old self again. From doing my hair in the morning, or remembering to apply mascara before leaving the house.
I used to think about having another baby in a few years, like when the girls are both out of diapers. But I have got to say, I actually feel further and further from the idea of another baby as time is going by. Although life is still very challenging for me with the girls outside of our little box, like going anywhere away from home pretty much, but I am liking life more and more as it is getting easier. Plus, I don't really know if I want to go through all of the baby challenges again.
Avery is communicating with me. She gets things, she can specify problems. Now, she is far, far from being rational, but patience must be a learned practice. Rowan is harder to handle these days, believe it or not. She may be into everything, and very hard to hold onto, but she is finally eating more food and drinking soy formula when need be, and together, they are both at a place where they are easier to take care of. For example, I can actually leave the girls with Steve for a whole afternoon, or evening, and have absolutely nothing to worry about, other than engorged breasts. And after two consecutive years of pregnancy, followed by another year of straight attachment to my little Row, I am loving the freedom to do more things. I think getting a break, every now and then, makes me a better mother.
Life is good being a family of four. I am so happy right now, and I like that we're all growing and moving forward together...

2 comments:
Aww thats so awesome! I have also found it easier now that the two kids are older and Edie is finally sleeping in her own room! And she didnt even need to cry it out. Hallelujah. But with that being said we are expecting a third and I also wonder what this will do to my newly found sanity!
Im happy that you have things settled down and you have time to yourself. Its nice isnt it?
Ps. I think two, is just about perfect too, although I am looking forward to the third...to a degree ;)
You deserve those moments away for yourself - you are a devoted mama x100!
Post a Comment