Saturday, January 30, 2010

Talking Take Off

Avery said her first three word sentence before bed tonight. "Mommy, milk please." Which sounded like, "Mama, muck pees." She has been saying a new word daily this month, but the last week or so, she's saying multiple new words each day. It's like she's a parrot copying so many things we say.

Usually Avery associates animals with the noises they make, and yesterday while looking at a book, she said all of the animals by name. I was shocked to hear her say 5 new words in a row. Now, like an average (almost) two year old, she won't repeat a word when you ask her to, unless she feels like it. When she's reading though, she says so many words, and has a lot of her books memorised. She hasn't been letting me read out loud to her, and mostly wants to read to herself. I often find her in her bedroom, where she's closed the door, and sitting on her little stuffed princess chair. She looks up and smiles like I shouldn't be suprised to find her reading to herself. It's amazing to see. There's no doubt that reading is Avery's most favourite thing to do. Before Rowan was really into the toy box, I would barely have to clean anything up but books at the end of the day.

I do think Avery having a regular digestive track helps, but more so in the happy personality side. of things. She is all around a happier toddler, and it makes the small tantrums much easier to handle because before we had all day tantrums. I honestly didn't know if I could deal with two babies so close in age, if Rowan might turn out like that.

I am meaning to do a post about making baby food, tips, and the simplicity of the process. I'll have to get that done this week. Lots of friends have asked me about it. Hope everyone is having a great weekend! :)

No comments: