So I tried crying it out with Rowan. Since her crib is already set up in our bedroom, and our house only has two bedrooms, I switched the mattresses between the two, and Avery slept on her own mattress, in our room. The first night went well, she actually fell asleep rather quickly, and I did my check ins on the clock. I was really tired the next day, Saturday, and thought that night would go even better. Um, ya, no. Rowan cut her first tooth that day, which I didn't notice until the next morning. She had a hard time going down, and woke up a lot in the night. At about 2 am, and next to nothing sleep, I grabbed her right up, and brought her to bed.
Now I won't lie, I felt like a fat piece of crap mom for doing that. I feel pressure to have her out of the bed, and then a part of me wants my space, too. My conclusion is it isn't the right time for us, and we're not ready to sleep separate. I think, like Avery, when she sleeps through the night without milk, then we can try again. Steve also thinks that she is too little, and he was very supportive of letting me decide how to handle it.
Yesterday I went to Nanaimo with a couple of my girlfriends. With NO babies! It was my first day away from them both, and I loved the break. I went with intention of Christmas shopping, but also used my birthday money, and bought myself a new winter jacket, which I haven't had a new one in about 5 years. I also bought a lulu lemon knock off hoodie. Yep, pretty darn happy about that. I picked up an adorable Disney Princess table and chair set for the girls, from Toys' R' Us. I am so happy with it, I have wanted to get one for quite some time. And to save space, in our small house, I put the annoying musical excercauser out on the highway, with a free sign, and it was picked up within 10 minutes.
I've been trying to really cut out some of the clutter in our home. I feel like the piles of toys, and hunks of plastic everywhere are driving me nuts! Like I clean all day, and it still feels messy. I think it's because there's too many toys. I like that Avery is outgrowing a lot of them, and I'm letting them go. I have a bag filled for the toy drive, I just need to bring it into town.
That's about it. Rowan's sleeping in our bed, and I think I feel the most rest when she's there, and Avery is quite excited about her little table. It even has a storage part in the middle.
Avery is so happy! She turns the chairs backwards, just like when she stands up at the counter.

1 comment:
I did a spring cleaning of Gabe's toys now that Christmas is coming up! It was getting a bit insane as well. Next year I'm setting a toy limit for Christmas and birthdays as Scott's mom goes WAY overboard. Im starting to feel like a toy store! LOL.
Post a Comment