Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Tree


It's December, and what a busy time it's been! I splurged on two pairs of polar fleece p.j.s for Avery, and they're keeping her very warm at night because she kicks her covers off. This picture is her waiting for me in the morning, while I change Rowan's toosh. Avery thought it was rather hilarious to read aloud in the laundry basket. (Daddy got the shot)

We've had our Christmas tree set up since last week, and I'm having a harder time keeping Rowan out of it then Avery. Avery thought it'd be helpful to push Rowan over, and say, "Out out," to her. Poor baby. Avery was happy with the results of the push, it seems, and has continued to do it all day.

I love having decorations up, it makes our home feel so festive. I have bought almost everything to start some Christmas baking. My new obsession is allrecipes.com, where I've been looking at different recipes for ideas. I feel like I'm turning into such a domestic geek. I'm actually so happy. In a Martha momma kind of way.

We celebrated my birthday this weekend. We took the girls out for brunch, and met up with my brother Sebastien, Cathy, and nephew, Piper. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera, and Seb's battery died in his. It would have been a good cousins picture opportunity. My pesto benny was delicious, as usual. I had to leave as soon as we were done eating because Avery had enough of sitting in a high chair. We stayed home after, I baked an angel food cake, and we had an easy dinner of b.l.t.s and salad. The box cake was great, after I spent 3 hours in the kitchen, attempting the cake from scratch. It was a messy disaster!

So here's a couple pics of the tree going up. Avery was very helpful, she liked passing the bulb to me, and pointing where she wanted it to go, to then take it off, and put it back in the box. She got it finally, and has been pretty good about staying out of the tree.

Daddy and his girls.

Rowan's super model pose. She prefers this to sitting up.


Avery about to get mad that Rowan is getting closer to the tree.

Looking for more bulbs.

No comments: