Friday, October 30, 2009

Momma Machine

Today is a good day. So far I've baked about 40 cookies, I used margarine instead of butter, and doubled the batch, cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed, laundry, and found the time to sew the last piece of my Hallowe'en costume.

I am busting at the seams with excitement for tomorrow. After Avery's nap, we're taking the girls downtown to walk the main street where our local shops hand out candy. Not that they need the candy, I just want to take them out in their costumes. We'll also get dinner in town, so we can completely avoid a meltdown, and then bring them home. Once both girls are cozy, my good good friend, Jenna and her husband Andrew, are coming over to watch the girls while Steve and I go to a Hallowe'en house party all by ourselves!

We haven't gone out alone since our anniversary in August. Which is really sad. I feel like we need time to love each other with no babies. We have the coolest costumes, but you'll have to wait and see the pictures, when I post them because they're secret.

About being alone, I'm really feeling like I want to transition Rowan out of our bed earlier than Avery. Because it was harder to get Avery out, and I haven't slept alone with my husband since Avery was born, except our wedding night. And no, I don't want to get pregnant again. ;)

The plan is to get a crib for Rowan, and once she's asleep, put her in it. She'll be set up in our bedroom, and close by to nurse in the night. Once she's older, and sleeps through the night, then we'll move the crib to Avery's room, where they will share a bedroom. I just don't want to put her in there earlier because I'm afraid of disrupting Avery's sleep, and it's not fair to her.

I've been looking for a second hand crib for months now, and there just doesn't seem to be any, so I guess we have to buy brand new. I'd have bought a mattress brand new, but on the bright side, we'll know that it was smoke free, and didn't have any other baby pooh on it. Ha!

So, the sun is out, and after nap, we'll go out and play in the yard. Amazing what a little vitamin D can do for you! Oh, and Rowan is 6 months today. Yay! I'm waiting until tomorrow to give her her first cereal. Photo opportunity, and Daddy will want to be here.

No comments: