Monday, November 2, 2009

Fred and Wilma



Here they are, our costumes from Saturday night. This is before we went to the party. It was super awesome, and fun to be alone with Steve. He did get way too drunk to drive, and I was really upset with him because he kept saying it was my night, on the way there. We got d.d's to drive our car home, and so it was alright. I guess. Daddy Dumb Dumb moment, but really everyone was pretty sauced. I just wish I'd have known before I cracked a third beer because I could have saved us $100. Yep. But I knew I couldn't drive the 45 minute drive home after that.

The next day was the longest day of my life, and I've come to decide that being hungover with babies is the worst thing ever. It's really not worth it. I'm just glad that Steve was here, and we were able to take shifts between parenting and sleeping.

Truthfully, I had a hard time missing Rowan. I knew Avery would be fine if she woke up to Jenna, but Rowan is just Mommy sucky all the way. She refused the bottles, and cried basically the whole time we were gone. I feel so bad about it, but I know Jenna is amazing with babies, and she says it was ok, but I can't help it. Sigh, I hope she gets better with time. She is definitely more challenging than Avery ever was.

C'est la vie.

2 comments:

Adorably Nuts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenna said...

It really was ok. Rowan will get more used to it... I so enjoyed my snugs with Avery. I am secretly very happy she woke up...

Call me for round two anytime babe!