Pregnancy, nursing, tandem nursing, pregnancy, nursing: This has been the story of my life for 2.5 years now. I woke up today feeling the edge of a cold bug feeling. Achey, tired, sore throat, basically like my immune system is saying slow down again. Since I can't take anything that could transfer through my milk, besides Tylenol and Advil, which I'm on the fence about, I make myself a hot lemon ginger. It's pretty easy, but I thought I'd share how. :)
-1 lemon peeled
-1-2" of freshly grated ginger
-mug of water, the one you'll drink from, full
-2 tbsp honey
I put the peeled lemon in my magic bullet, with the ginger. You could use a blender or food processor. Once it's blended well, I put the puree in a pot on the stove, with my mug full of brita water. I actually pour the water in the bullet cup that had the puree, so I get all of the puree out. Bring the water and puree to a boil, stir in honey, strain into mug, and let it cool to good drinking temp.
Like I said, super easy, but effective natural remedy.
The Vital Babymoon
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment