Friday, May 7, 2010

Miss Independant

I was waiting to write about this until I could post a little picture of my new big girl, but our computer situation is a bit messy, well "boy like" would be a nicer way to put it. Steve cancelled the Telus account, and set us up with Shaw, ok fine. We listened to a program on CBC radio about cell phones and radiation, anyway, the wireless is pretty toxic too, so we don't have wireless in the house. Fine, but until he gets some nicer chords, and a set up, I'm standing with chords running from behind the fridge and wall jack with the lap top on the dishwasher. Totally can't do this while the girls are awake...

So Miss Rowan. She is one, and within days of turning one, she has decided that no soft food will do, she wants toddler bites. Nice soft pieces of fruit and such to eat. This is fine, I just went through the same phase, literally one year ago. The only quirk is the kid refused anything but breast milk up until this point, so it seems a little whack-o to watch her eat when she really has no practice. Avery actually switched over from soft food to only wanting to feed herself right around her first birthday, too.

I have been holding on to the baby days with Rowan, but I am sadly realising that she is making the toddler transition, and I do have to work on night weaning. If she is eating, then there's no reason to tell myself she needs it. Sigh. I actually like sleeping with her still. Avery would sleep crawl, kick me in the face, and it was better for her to be in her own space, but Rowan just gently cuddles into my armpit, and snuggles all night. She so affectionate, even with all of her new Independence.

Will there be a third? Ha! Ha! Yeah, maybe when they're both out of diapers, but I'm really not thinking so...

Oh yeah, I tried to do a photo shoot with Crystal Clear Photography yesterday, but of course Shaw was coming in that time frame, meaning Daddy stayed home, and I attempted having them both out in Nan's yard. I really should have asked a friend to come, but I thought Daddy was going to come. Needless to say, it didn't work very well, I couldn't keep up with them both, and so we'll be trying take two next week some time. Anyhow, here's a couple of pictures from yesterday, with more to come.









2 comments:

adequatemom said...

STUNNING pictures, Jess! Wow, what lovely girls.

As for night snuggles ... a bit of unsolicited advice? If you enjoy the snuggles, and they aren't cutting into anyone's sleep, why not let them go on? It's not hurting anyone, and Rowan will put a stop to them when she's ready.

My Gwen was (and is) like your older daughter, far too wiggly to snuggle, and we took her out of our bed at only 4 months old. I really miss those midnight cuddles!

carrie said...

Aww yours girls are so stunning! I vote third...HAH...maybe so im not the only one. LOL!