Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Middle o' May

Blog slacking... How do two weeks go by without even logging on? Again, many post topics go through my mind, yet finding the time is another thing. So what's new, you ask. Well...

We did another photo shoot with Crystal, and were successful with getting pictures of the girls side by side and smiling. Steve came with me, and we were done with so many great shots to chose from in about 15- 20 minutes. I will be able to upload some of those shots when I have copies.

Steve and I took Avery and Rowan to a birthday party, that was pretty fun. Elmo came, and although Avery didn't want to touch him, she was smiling and laughing. Then she took all of the little plastic chairs she could find, and started lining them up in front of Elmo, who was getting pictures taken with the kids. The rest of the party was challenging, she was constipated, cranky, wouldn't eat, and I had forgotten about how we would handle the cake situation. Being DQ ice cream cake, I gave her a few small tastes of the ice cream, hoping it didn't have gluten in it, but it's so hard to tell with her other than behaviour.


Most times I question whether she's acting out from constipation, or not being able to digest gluten or possibly just dairy. There's no way to know yet. I went back to the pediatrician's, who left me feeling upset and frazzled. I could do a true celiac test if I put her back on the gluten for a month, and then do a blood test, and then after a biopsy. So I tried giving her some regular toast. I don't know if she didn't like the jam, or the toast, but after three bites, she refused any more. I've had to up the laxative dose, and she's acting significantly better since she can't hold it again.

Her funny underbite smile of the day.

Rowan took three steps. I think I mentioned it in my last post. She since hasn't quite taken the walk plunge, but she's standing solo all the time, and doing the toddler squat, which I may add is totally adorable. She had a bit of a reaction to her one year shots. Steve took her into the room, and I sat with Avery, who said, "Rowan change a bum," when she heard her cry. She was really freaking out after, and it was actually pretty hard to calm her down, more than any previous time. Her arm got a pocket, like a swollen bubble, and the fluid was sitting in it. totally freaked me out, and after two nurses examined it, she wasn't having a reaction, and it absorbed by the time we got home, but poor Row did cry the whole way. And about a week or so after, she was red eyed and lethargic for a few days, and seems to be going through a very hard time with separation anxiety. Poor baby.
.
Last, Steve butchered all of the chickens, and we now have our deep freeze pretty stocked. He did it very humanely, researched it well, and it was quickly efficient. Our egg layers we get next will not be raised as chicks, but bought locally from one of the million chicken farms around here.

No comments: