
We planted the previously frozen placenta on Sunday. We bought a beautiful Rowan tree from Art Knapps, and put it down in the very back, as the tree grows to about 25 feet tall, and makes a mess with its berries and leaves. Steve picked the type with pink berries instead of red, which is kind of girly. Now her home birth can live on forever.
They took Avery's placenta away at the hospital for testing because it was all calcified, and I wasn't able to get it back. I'd have liked to plant hers, too, but I plan on planting daffodils around the tree because that's Avery's March birth flower.
On Sunday night, Avery had her first pee on the potty. I was practically screaming with congratulations to her, and Steve pointed out how scary I was instead of happy. He may have had a point... Well, this is pretty exciting because we have poo fear problems, and are waiting for her to potty train, not pressuring in any way. She doesn't mind sitting on it after her bath, but doesn't really seem interested at any other time of the day. Who cares, really, she's only just turned two.
The placenta down in the hole.
Rowan tree planted.

3 comments:
That's really cool Jess I love the tree!!! YAY Avery as well :)
Peeing in the potty rocks! And the placenta planting is a cool idea, I wish I didnt live in a strata!
How did I not see this post? I love that you planted a ROWAN tree and that you will put daffodils which will come back year after year! SMRT.
Post a Comment