
We hosted a party for both girls yesterday. The original plan was to have it in town, at Steve's dad's, but the rain came full force, so we had to switch. They are currently under a major renovation inside, and don't even have drywall on the walls, so having the wee ones in there wasn't the safest choice. We've just had the most amazing weather the last week, and it almost felt like summer being between 15 and 20. I haven't had time for a post, as every free minute has been outside helping with some early planting.
Rowan and her cousin.So the party started at 4, which was nice because Avery had her nap, and we had all the food ready for a BBQ. Rowan, however, skipped her afternoon nap, and was totally freaking out by 5, so I took off her party dress, and wore her, and she quickly gave into a good long nap. I spent the whole day making an Asian salad, and the gluten free cupcakes. I felt a little overwhelmed getting the house ready, taking care of the girls, and prepping my food completely alone, but that's the story of my life. Anyway, the 4 o'clock start was a good thing.
And the party was totally fun! All of the kids had a blast. Steve broiled the burgers in our stove because our BBQ is small, and the wind was crazy out. His dad's BBQ is big, and has room for 20 patties; ours, not so much. Dinner went smoothly, and I had so much help cleaning everything up, it was amazing. I guess that's the beauty of having your family and friends around that you love the most.
Avery was so excited when we were all singing happy birthday to her. It was pretty sweet. It was great having Steve's sisters, and our niece here. I loved hearing all the other kids squealing with laughter, a mix of sugar from the cake, balloons, and new toys, they were all giggling up a storm.
Thank you to everyone that came out for the girls, we love you like crazy!
Gluten/ dairy free cupcakes and icing.
Blowing out the candle.
Opening gifts.
A Daddy-daughter moment.

1 comment:
Aww looks like you pulled it off super mommy! Good job! I'm glad the party was a success!!! Happy birthday Avery and Rowan!
Post a Comment