Friday, October 15, 2010

Autumn

It's been a busy month, still working through transition. I'm starting another new job, and I sure hope this one works out better than the last, and I find a happy medium to float happily through the next couple of years. When they're old enough, I'd like to get the girls into a daycare program, and go to school full time. Right now it's getting used to feeling lonely. And I am letting myself feel sad, especially at night when they're sleeping, and I really feel lonely. It's good for me to embrace the sadness, so the next time I am feeling love, I will be free of this to truly fall.

I'm so happy that I have a friendship with Steve. We took the girls to the pumpkin patch a couple of days ago. It was nice having that extra set of hands for melt downs, and his really fancy camera got some beautiful shots. It was first thing in the morning, so we had the whole field to ourselves. The girls loved the wagon ride, and the goats. I was able to buy a couple of sugar pumpkins, so you know I'll be baking some pies, and freezing left over puree. This is an open invite via blog to any girlfriends who like pie... I miss having a man to eat my treats; the girls get too whacky from sugar, and my muffin top jiggles. Mental image- ha ha.





My new place is great, nice and quiet, super clean. Any girl can make a place home. The girls are doing very well through everything. I had some behavioural problems with Avery more so in the beginning, but she is back to her fun self. I am making a very big effort to keep the phone talking to a minimum, and really focus on activities for the girls and I. These moments are now.



So what's new and fun regarding the girls? Leaving my parents new house after thanksgiving dinner, Rowan went one way down the street, and Avery the other, to their neighbours house. Avery says, "It looks like a cave," and walks right into their home. They're a friendly family, and they thought it was funny. Family memory there. Avery is becoming the little songstress, singing all kinds of little rhymes and songs. Her memory blows me away, and I hope reminds people to censor their bad language around children. I have been very careful to be choosy who they can be around for this reason. Sorry potty mouths, I have a real issue with that.

Rowan is getting her eye teeth, and is in some pain. She is pointing to her eyes and nose, calling them both eyes. Super cute. She says shoe, bye-bye, hi, eyes, Mommy. She is pretty good with her signs, she pats my leg for dog instead of her own. She is definitely the cuddle bug of the two, and is usually touching me all day. I am so used to it.



There have been many moments that I think about a fun subject to write about, it's just been finding the time...

2 comments:

carrie said...

Finding time is always the most difficult thing to do when it comes to blogging! And thats so awesome you and steve are still friends and can go places as a family. It will make this transition for the girls that much easier!

Here's hoping you and I can find a little more time for blogging mommy adventures!

Lindsay said...

I'm so glad that you are able to have that friendship with Steve and the girls will thank you for that one day. The very best gift a parent can give to their child is for their mother to love their father, and their father to love their mother. Love comes in many forms. Keep up the good work! Love you tons!