Day 2, no milkies. Going surprisingly really, really well. We had a little bit of a melt down this morning, but nothing a snuggle can't fix. I have been mixing all of my stocked supply of pumped milk with her formula to make the transition easier. Working and being apart for up to 2 days straight has been hard on my supply, and very uncomfortable for me. And that not being my only reason, I feel that 18 months has been a beautiful time, but the time is over on my side.
Avery may just be about there with the potty. She's been getting undressed, and asking for the potty. Nothing has happened yet, but I am prepared to spend the next few days at home, and really see if she wants to go. It's been a bit tricky when they both want to sit on it, but I am hoping this big change is quick and unmessy! Ha-ha!
Avery has also decided that she does not need to nap anymore. This really sucks. I mean I love a little chance to do fun things together, but I miss my little gap of rest and me time. I have always done the majority of everything by myself, but I miss the back up at night time. I am going to change her crib into a toddler bed again soon, but I will wait this potential potty time out first because I like to introduce big changes slowly and comfortably.
Word.
The Vital Babymoon
2 years ago

1 comment:
Gabe has decided he's not a napper either. Which is wearing me out. So I have told him that mommy needs some time alone and that he can bring whatever he wants into his room, but he needs to give mommy an hour to herself. SO although he doesnt sleep while in his room I still get that time to myself and he gets some alone time with his favourite toys.
He gets unleashed from his room when he starts pounding on the door and calling for me lol. Usually it is exactly an hour after going up there. The only good thing about no naps is early bedtimes!! If he naps hes not in bed until 9!!
And on the topic of the milk wean, Im onto the bottle wean for both of them. Yes yes...I gave up with Gabe because tantrums everyday after watching Edie get a bottle became too much ( I have recieved many of the "isnt your kid too old for a bottle" looks so I'm a little defensive lol!) But today Edie went down with a sippy cup so I told him that all the bottles are broken. So now its bottle weaning time...
Kids growing up can be so exciting and yet so exhausting!
Good luck with the milk wean!! And potty training!
Post a Comment