
Just a quick post, I have a pot roast in the fridge to start prepping this nap. I wanted to write about the new strategy we're using with Avery. She loves her bed, but continues to get out, over and over again.
It actually seems so simple when you think about it, but when it's your own kid, sometimes you don't look at things with an outside perspective. So now Avery's routine is as follows, bath with Rowan, teeth are brushed while in the bathroom, go into the bedroom, where we stay straight until bed time. Totally quiet time, wind down in the room. I get both girls dressed, then we read 2 books, and into bed. Here's the new strategic move, either Steve or I stand outside of her door, depending on Rowan's needs at the time, and wait for the monster to get out of her bed. As soon as she does, we go in, and calmly say, "bed time," and no other words, and put her back in her bed. Today will be day 3, and we are using this strategy for naps, too. She only got out of her bed once at nap time today, hallelujah!!!! She must realise she doesn't get any attention for it.
It's really important to show no emotion either because to a 2 year old, it doesn't matter if the attention is good or bad, just that they're getting a reaction. It's been great to feel like I'm in charge of her sleep schedule again. A whole month without naps was making me totally mental by the end of the day. I was so exhausted and snappy because I never had a break through the whole day, and then Avery would screw around at bedtime, so I didn't even enjoy my evenings.
Anyway, here's some photos of our little hobby farm. Avery loves the pig and duckies:
Walking down the stairs, all by herself.
She leads the way down to the animals.
The ducks by the pond.
The pig made herself a bed.
80 lbs.The little duckies are still stand offish.


No comments:
Post a Comment